In this presentation, I provided a brief introduction into TDD and talked about the confusion and misconceptions around the discipline. I, of course, shared a bit about Dan North, the father of BDD and touched upon some crazy hypothesis dreamed up by Sapir and Whorf. I then gave a Behavior Driven Development overview (my impressions of the implementation and lifecycle) and then touched upon available tools, how to get started and I threw in a number of reference and reading materials which you will find below.
As an added bonus, I demonstrated how easy it is to include/exclude hyphens and alter the spelling of “behavior” at will.
- Introducing BDD, Dan North
- Oredev 2007 – Behaviour-Driven Development, Dan North
- Behavior-Driven Development, Scott Bellware
- Behavior Driven Development, Wikipedia
- BDD Wiki
- A New Look at Test-Driven Development, Dave Astels
- Behavior Driven Development – An Evolution in Testing, Bob Cotton
- The Truth about BDD, Uncle Bob Martin
- Language and Thought, Wikipedia
- Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis, Wikipedia
- What’s in a Story?, Dan North