1. Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all FairwayTech.com-owned websites and domains, and our wholly owned subsidiaries (“Fairway Technologies websites.”)
Links to non-Fairway Technologies websites:
Fairway Technologies websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the Fairway Technologies website. Fairway Technologies does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from Fairway Technologies’. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal data you choose to give to unrelated third parties is not
2. Types of information we collect
This Privacy Statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregate reporting.
- Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. Fairway Technologies uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with Fairway Technologies. We take seriously the trust you place in us. Fairway Technologies will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. On some Fairway Technologies websites, you can order products or services, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, or apply for a job at Fairway Technologies. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data.To personalize our websites, services or communications and improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
3. Children’s privacy
Fairway Technologies is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Fairway Technologies does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Fairway Technologies does not
target its websites to children under 13.
4. How we use your information
Fairway Technologies uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some Fairway Technologies websites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding
Fairway Technologies products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications (see section 7, “Your privacy preferences and opting out”).
Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide Fairway Technologies through other sources such as our call center or public events such as trade shows or seminars.
Personal data given to Fairway Technologies may be transferred across state and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about Fairway Technologies website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
5. Who we share your information with
Fairway Technologies will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Fairway Technologies will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. Fairway Technologies shares customer information across Fairway Technologies-owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as
described above in “How we use your information.”
Fairway Technologies contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in “How we use your information.” Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Fairway Technologies and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Fairway Technologies. These service
providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. Fairway Technologies will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
Fairway Technologies or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, Fairway Technologies will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information to continue serving you.
6. Your choices
Fairway Technologies gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and Fairway Technologies-wide marketing communications. Fairway Technologies-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of Fairway Technologies-wide communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point or through Fairway Technologies Passport (Fairway Technologies’ proprietary online customer registration tool, available only in the United States). Please refer to section 7 for
further instructions. We will make every effort to honor your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings or driver updates.
7. Your privacy preferences and opting out
- Non-subscription servicesFairway Technologies will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. Examples of unrelated uses include sending communications
about special offers, service information, and marketing messages.
- Subscription servicesTo opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as e-mail newsletters, software updates, etc.), use any of the following methods:
- Select the e-mail “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication
- Return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions
- Write to the Fairway Technologies Office – be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address, and relevant information about your Fairway Technologies subscriptions and registrations
8. Your information and third-party companies
Certain Fairway Technologies services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both Fairway Technologies and the third party personal data you provide. An example is the ability to request communications from Fairway Technologies marketing or solution partners. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies unless you make that choice.
9. Access to and accuracy of your information
Fairway Technologies strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change
your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of Fairway Technologies’ websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers.
The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page.
10. Keeping your information secure
Fairway Technologies is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Fairway Technologies has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
11. Changes to this Statement
If there are updates to the terms of Fairway Technologies’ Online Privacy Statement, we will post those changes and update the revision date in this document, so you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. For material changes to this Statement, Fairway Technologies will provide notification to affected customers.
12. Contacting us
Fairway Technologies Privacy Mailbox
7825 Fay Ave
La Jolla, California 92037
1 A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, http://www.FairwayTech.com is the URL for Fairway Technologies’ home page.
2 An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.